Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Day 1 with John of God: Spiritual surgery

Hi y'all -

Saw John of God this morning. The place was PACKED with people wearing all white. I appreciated the color coordination. I think a cacophony of colors would have felt like visual noise.




Our guide told us, in advance, where to sit and what to do. We got there an hour early and there weren't many open seats left. I should know by now that these spiritual events are like rock concerts for the faithful.

Anyway, our group did get to sit all together. I got worried about being claustrophobic as people crammed in but it all worked out fine.

John of God did a few physical surgeries on about five different people, each a different body part.

Then they announced the lines to form. The line to meet with John of God was long but well-managed and moved quickly. It helped my experience that our guide got us into the front of the line.

I had a very short list of requests but he didn't get to ANYTHING else on my list besides the rectal cancer. We (my guide / translator and I) barely got that out when he immediately said, "Surgery today" (or something like that in Portuguese). You'd think by now, with all this religious travel, I would know a few more languages. Mostly, I recognize the Hail Mary in English, Italian, Spanish, French, Portuguese and sometimes German. It is pretty soothing in any language.

After meeting with John of God, I was moved into another room for a group blessing, and for the first time, I had uncontrollable shaking (and, of course, tears).

I am scheduled for spiritual surgery this afternoon so will definitely be offline until at least tomorrow night. Everyone who went through this tells me that they were really out of it.

The surgery starts at 2 p.m. (1 p.m. Eastern time) so send good healing vibes and happy thoughts!

Love and blessings to you,

Marie

No comments: