Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Got the MRI; no results yet

Hi guys,

I did the MRI today at MGH. It required an IV (my 3rd in a week) because they had to inject contrast dye to see the liver. Wasn't fun, I'll say that, but I'm sure that there are other things coming up that are less fun. They did have this cool light that helps them to see veins. (At this point, it is hard to find good veins in me.)

Anyway, I thought I would get the results right away, but they send the slides off to some sub-basement to be read, and they wouldn't let my husband see them. He reads MRI professionally, but they don't let others see it. I will try and get a disk tomorrow from them with the pictures they took, and he could read that. Otherwise, I get the results on Monday. Argh. While it seems like a long wait for the results, it is sooner than I otherwise would know.

I am learning that Dana Farber has a whole alternative medicine practice, where you can have accupunture during chemo. I'm intrigued by that.

I'm trying to figure out what to do about having my parents here. They want to leave on Thanksgiving day and drive home. My father says that my mother is getting tired, which very well could be true. (I'm oblivious.) My husband is leaving town for a work conference on Sunday night and we both think that I shouldn't be alone with the kids overnight in case I get sick again. So, if you know of any sitters who would be willing to do a shift on Sunday or Monday from either 5 pm to 7 am, or even 10 pm to 7 am, that would be great.

Thanks for all of your support, everyone. I don't know what I would do without it!

Love, Marie

No comments: