Sunday, March 14, 2010

The prayer service was power and life-altering

The prayer service last Sunday evening was beyond words. At first, I didn't want to write anything about it, because I didn't want to trap it in the realm of words (if that makes sense).

And after that, I realized that I don't really have the words to describe it. Moving, overwhelming, beautiful and full of hope are descriptions that come to mind, plus a whole host of other emotions that are so intertwined that I can't sort through them individually.

Thank you for creating that. For everyone who came from near and far, and for everyone who did their part from where they were: Thank you. I continue to be amazed at the power of this group.

One specific outcome (and there were many): During the service, I was praying for light leading to my next steps. After everyone left, and there were just a few of us hanging out, Jamie (a woman from the church who I hadn't previously met in person) asked me about my "story." So, I dove into that, trying to keep it brief and relatively interesting so that I didn't bore this new friend. She kept saying, "I want to introduce you to Liz. I don't know why -- I just feel like I need to introduce you." And Maria (who made this whole thing happen) kept saying, "Didn't you go to New York? Or isn't there something about D.C.?"

Turns out, Liz had the surgery that I want to have in D.C.! It isn't really done in Boston and the more I talk with my Boston doctors, the more I doubt my instincts to do it. It isn't like there are alot of folks who have had this particular surgery, either. But, Liz had it! It was like an answer to my prayers, and I got to meet Liz this week (who is doing wonderfully).

As I said, this is just one of so many outcomes. I want to hang onto that great feeling that I had after the service, and I somehow want to spread it around. I hope that all of you who participated in some way felt that, too, and can carry that with you.

Chemo on Tuesday.

Love, Marie

No comments: