Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Prayer service invitation; chemo continues to be hard

Maria and Todd Giatrelis have generously set up a prayer service at St. Joseph's Parish in Belmont for this Sunday evening, March 7, at 6:00. It will immediately follow the 5 pm. Mass.

This prayer service includes gospel readings, music and a special blessing -- the Sacrament of the Sick. Yes, this is the exact thing that I had been running from, but I'm learning that, no matter how fast you run, sometimes, things catch you!

If you are able to join us, St. Joseph's is at
354 Waverly Street
Belmont, MA 02478
617-484-0279

It is not far from Belmont Center, and you can park in the lot or on the street. You may dress any way that feels comfortable to you (blue jeans are fine). Kids are welcome; this is a family-friendly church. My kids won't be there, though.

If you cannot join us, please feel free to pray wherever you are.

Thank you.

This chemo has been especially hard for me. It is only week one, and I didn't even get all the drugs this time, and I am still sick from it. I don't know how I would do the full dose, because right now, it feels like I am living only to do chemo and unable to do anything else. Not only am I physically ill from this, I've caught a cold (which I never do), and a piece of my skin literally ripped open.

I am seriously considering quitting it; my oncologist suggested a one-week hiatus and then checking in again. Kudos to all of you who have gone through this!!!

Marie

P.S. RSVP not required for the prayer service but nice to know if you are coming. And while it starts at six, feel free to arrive when it fits your schedule. I expect it will last 30 - 45 minutes?

No comments: