Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tapping into the well

Hi everyone,

I have a surgery coming up on Friday, Nov 20 at 11:30 a.m. (assuming all goes according to schedule).

Last time through, I tried to do it without the power of this group, and, frankly, I didn't do it so well on my own. I'm finally getting the message that life is a team sport!

If you are getting this e-mail, you have been helpful or interested in the past, or faked it really well. So if you have a chance, please say a prayer or send some positive vibes this way on Friday, or anytime over the weekend (as I will be in the hospital for a few days).

The short story: I had a recurrence in August, and a huge surgery to remove the tumor and all the surrounding area. That area was rebuilt, and I have a temporary ostomy bag. My surgery tomorrow, to remove the ostomy bag and re-attach my intestine, is relatively minor compared to my last surgery. But, as the joke goes, minor surgery is someone else's!

So, I'm taking nothing for granted and would love your support.

Thanks so much!

Love, Marie

No comments: