Thursday, May 28, 2009

Choosing my son's poetry over starting radiation

Thank you so much for your notes and support. I haven't had a chance to write -- I find that, this time around, I am trying to stay more focused on my life and make the treatments more of a side thing, at least as much as I can. They do kind of take over.

Like today -- they wanted to schedule the set-up for my radiation for tomorrow (Thursday) morning. I appreciated getting it all overwith. At the same time, we are having this breakfast at Aidan's school, and he is reading a poem, and I didn't want to miss it. I did wonder, am I trading this one poem for a chance at a longer life? But the doctor said that if that were my son, he would go to the school and do this appt next week. It pushes back my chemo by a week, which I don't like, but I do want to make things as normal as possible for the kids. And me. I would hate to miss his poetry reading!

So far this week -- I met with the surgeon, who tried to get a biopsy. But, she couldn't find the tumor to biopsy it. I'm not convinced that it just disappeared, and neither are they, so I'm up for another try for a biopsy on Monday. These are not fun!

Today, I met with my oncologist and my radiologist oncologist for over an hour to talk about my treatment plan. So that was useful.

MRI on Friday!

No comments: