Tuesday, July 8, 2008

CT scan is clean!

Hi everyone,

Since last Sept, I have been hoping to be able to send this happy message. I am almost completely done with treatment and moving into follow- up mode!

In these two weeks, I'm doing tons of tests, but the one I was waiting for was the CT scan to see if any little buggers are still in my bod. And, none showed up! Yay!

I am thrilled to be able to share this news, though, of course, I am cautiously optimistic. I know you can relate to that. As fate would have it, I walked out of that meeting with my good news and and ran slam bang into a woman there dealing with the return of her husband's cancer. A little reminder. Oh well. I'm still enjoying the moment, especially knowing that, if it returns, I would be really bummed out if I didn't enjoy the NOW!

I don't know where to begin to say thank you for your support. You guys were there from the raw beginning, when I was asking for advice on how to prep for a colonoscopy! Your presence is way more huge than I can even begin to get my head, heart, arms around. And, it's almost midnight and I'm tired but wanted to share this while it was still new news.

Much love and all good wishes for a most awesome summer,
Marie

No comments: