Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Good CEA number again -- whew

Thank you for being there -- just wanted to share that I got my CEA number tested last time and it came back at 1.8. Below 2.5 is considered in the normal range, so I am both relieved and a little scared. Scared because I worry that it can only get worse, but I try not to focus on that.

It can be hard to stay positive, because though I feel great, the doctor arrives listing all the ailments that i could possibly have, asking if I felt any of them. I hate that it plants all that in my head.

However, the other big fun news is that Julie, my rock star nurse, is back from maternity leave! So, all is right with the world.

I'm sitting here in the infusion room, with the needle in my chest and the tubes hanging out, and just feeling so lucky that you are out in the world, doing your thing, maybe singing to some great music as you sit in traffic, chatting with folks you are happy to bump into, moving some project forward. I'm psyched to be doing all those things in just a few days, and it is great to know that it is all happening already.

Sending tons of love and gratitude your way, and all the blessings I know how to muster up.
Marie

No comments: