Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Chemo 7 of 12: Back to chemo after a break in the routine

Thank you to everyone for all your support, in so many ways, through this journey. I know it must feel like it has been going on forever, and my husband, the kids and I all appreciate your hanging in there with us.

I was able to get chemo this week, and I'm now more than halfway through. Yay! It was nice to have the break from chemo for awhile. I was beginning to feel human again, and I almost forgot what this routine was all like. But now I'm back in the game and wearing my continuous infusion pump. Thankfully, the side effects are not bad this round.

I really appreciate the visits from friends, and apologize to those of you who were there on Tuesday in the infusion room with me -- I got a bit tired in the middle and may have taken a little mental vacation from time to time. But it was nice to chat and have the visit.

The overwhelming piece this time was that Avi was admitted to the hospital that day. Avi is our dear friend, and we got to visit at the hospital on chemo days, because we both seemed to be there on the same days, getting (or, trying to get) chemo. His treatment was not working so well lately, and our emotions were more there, with him in his hospital room.

Spring is starting to arrive here in Boston and I hope that it helps to bring better things for all of us. In the meantime, it is an important reminder to enjoy each day. Thank you so much for being part of ours.

Love, Marie

No comments: